Counseling and Psychotherapy for Adult Individuals
For adult individuals seeking a supportive and confidential setting, Kathy offers a customized, client centered approach to addressing your concerns. Therapy starts where you are. By considering your current life situation and addressing your immediate concerns and symptoms you can make changes and progress. Short term, goal oriented therapy is available to address life challenges, relationships, life phase transitions, bereavement when facing loss as well as addressing psychological symptoms such as anxiety and depression.
Counseling for expats can help you or your partner adjust to new circumstances, cultural differences and the challenges of the expat lifestyle. This may include helping you or your partner manage symptoms such as depression, anxiety, insomnia, isolation, loneliness and other mental health symptoms.
Online Counseling and Psychological Consultation
Online video conferencing sessions are available. Distance does not have to limit your options for counseling. Kathy has been working successfully with clients online via video conferencing since 2005. There is growing research that for many people counseling online can be as beneficial as face to face therapy. For some, it can feel more confidential and safer than meeting face to face. However, video conferencing for Psychological concerns is not appropriate for everyone. Please use the contact form to set a time to speak with Kathy to determine if online video sessions might be an option for you.
There are many reasons why it is not always possible to meet face to face:
If you are living in a foreign country, finding a supportive Counselor who speaks the same language as well as understands the challenges of the expat experience can be very beneficial. As a Therapist who has been an expat most of her adult life, Kathy understands.
- Online video sessions can fit into your schedule when you want and overcome time zone barriers. Regular and ongoing counseling can provide needed support to see you through difficulties and major life transitions. Isolation, loneliness, increased anxieties and depression can be especially difficult to deal with on your own in an unfamiliar country. When one partner is away at work, the stay at home partner may experience considerably more isolation and loneliness when in an unfamiliar country.
- Time zones and distances become bigger barriers to staying in touch with loved ones. Expats often find that those back home don’t understand. It can be hard for family and friends to understand what makes life as an expat challenging. It can be hard for a Therapist who has never been an expat to understand. Kathy understands. She understands the challenges and difficulties because she has lived as an expat for over 30 years. Kathy has lived and worked in many different countries. In her work as a Counselor, Therapist and volunteer, she has helped hundreds of expats. Contact Kathy to discuss your situation and see if Counseling and Therapy online at Psyche Services might be right for you.
- Counseling and Therapy online via video conferencing can be an ideal supplement to face to face sessions for many people. For instance, if you return to your home country for holidays, travel for business or are in the process of transition, staying in contact with your therapist can be beneficial. Counseling online can be a welcomed support during challenging times when you need it most.
- Therapy online can work very well for the frequent business traveler who wishes to maintain regular, ongoing sessions. For those who prefer not to leave home for whatever reason, working online via video can be a good alternative. When one is simply too busy to make it to the Therapist’s office, Counseling and Therapy on-line can also be a consideration.
If you are interested to learn if Counseling and Therapy online via video conferencing with Kathy might be an option for you, make contact to discuss your situation. Please contact Kathy if you would like more information.
*Counseling and Therapy consultation online via video conferencing is not appropriate for everyone
*PsycheServices and Expat Counseling is not a crisis intervention service. Services by appointment only. If you are in need of immediate assistance please go to your nearest Emergency Center or call your local Emergency hotline.
Psychoanalysis (or Jungian Analysis) is a Depth Psychological, introspective approach to your symptoms and your current concerns. It may also address unresolved concerns from your past. It is a dialectic process that enhances self knowledge, personal growth and assists you in living life authentically. You will be guided in this work by your inner world, dreamwork, tending to psychological suffering and physical symptoms. Understanding your past, current synchronicities and events can help you see unconscious complexes and archetypal patterns. You will be supported in an indivudal process of personality growth unique to you.
Jungian Analysis (Psychoanalysis) enhances a lifelong process that Jung termed Individuation. Jungian Analysis can speed up this process. Over a time of introspection and self reflection, which addresses unconscious conflicts, issues from your personal history and symptoms both psychological and physical, you can experience diminishing psychological suffering. This process can lead to greater self awareness, reduction of psychological symptoms, personal growth and a sense of living your life more authentically.
Ideally, Psychoanalysis is best done face to face with a Therapist in a physical office space. However, because life isn’t perfect and may take us to life in far off corners of the world, meeting with your Therapist via online video conferencing may be your best option. It works for many people.
Those wishing to take a deeper dive into the inner world of their Psyche are often the same individuals who find their way to embrace the adventurous life of living in far corners of the world as an expat. For expats, it is not always possible to be in the same location as your Therapist. Kathy makes it possible to take a Depth Psychological approach to your psychological and life concerns via online video conferencing. She has been helping individuals build a relationship with their inner psyche via online video conferencing since 2005. Many of her clients find the container of the computer screen and privacy of their own home a preferred method for the in-depth psychological process of Jungian Analysis. However, this may not be right for you. Contact Kathy to discuss your individual needs in this regard.
Types of Therapies available
Shorter term, goal oriented therapies include:
- CBT (cognitive behavior therapy)
- Adjustment counseling
- Bereavement and loss support
- Mindfulness and relaxation technique training
- Insight and psychodynamic oriented Psychotherapy
Longer term, process oriented therapies include:
- Traditional Jungian Analysis
- Depth Psychological approach to the unconscious
- Psychoanalysis (Jungian)
- Individuation Process oriented work
- Dream Interpretation and Active Imagination
Symptoms you may be experiencing:
- depression, sadness, melancholy
- anxiety, panic attacks, excessive worry
- loneliness, isolation
- bereavement and loss
- feeling overwhelmed
- nightmares, sleeplessness or sleeping too much
- internal conflict, struggling with yourself
- relationship difficulties
- work difficulties
- midlife crisis
- desire to understand yourself better
- dysfunctional behaviors
Take the next step…
Please contact Kathy via the email form on this website for more information and to see if Psyche Services may be appropriate for you. Kathy is available by appointment only. If her schedule is full she may add you to her waitlist if it is appropriate for you.
If you are in need immediate assistance, please don’t wait. Go to your local Emergency Center or call your local Emergency hotline now.